The wonderful herb, ginseng, has so many health and wellness benefits! Enhance your body with the roots of this herb in different forms.
American ginseng, also called panax quinquefolius, and Korean or Chinese ginseng, also called p.ginseng, works wonders on the body! Let’s take a look!
Benefits of Ginseng
- Strengthens the adrenal and reproductive glands
- Enhances immune function
- Promotes lung function
- Stimulates appetite
- Useful for bronchitis
- Helps circulatory problems
- Useful for diabetes
- Helps infertility
- Promotes energy
- Eases stress
- May help improve drug or alcohol induced liver dysfunction in older adults
The phytochemicals in ginseng have anti-inflammatory properties. The main phytochemical is beta-sitosterol, which is used for treatments for heart disease, high cholesterol, immune deficiency, cancer prevention, lung functioning, enhancement of sexual activity, blood circulation and much more. What a powerful punch this herb makes to these ailments! Let’s get it ginseng!! The nutrients in ginseng are calcium, choline, fiber, folate, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, silicon, zinc, vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and C, which are vital to the health and wellness of the body. Look at all this goodness in this wonderful herb! Yaaaasss!
Forms of Ginseng
- Ginseng tea: A great way to sip on the goodness from the root of the herb; steeped for 3-5 minutes while enjoying a nice view.
- Ground ginseng (powder/capsule): One of the most easiest ways to consume this great herb, especially on the go or in a healthy shake to give it a kick! Yeah!!!
- Ginseng extract: A bit traditional, but still effective. Comes in little glass tubes, like little shots. Yummmm!
Other uses for Ginseng
- Ginseng face mask: Has many antioxidant and anti-aging properties that tone and brighten skin.
- 2 Teaspoons of ginseng powder
- 1 Tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- Mix all items in a bowl, apply on face and let dry for 5-8 minutes, then rinse with warm water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Ginseng toner: A great way to keep your skin fresh and clean.
- Boil ginseng root for about an hour or two. After cooling, pour into a bottle and use daily. Keep refrigerated.
Try it and see how much it will change your life, health and wellness. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think if you have tried it. That’s all for now.
Get healthy today and stay healthy tomorrow!