No this is not the candy! LOL! Licorice-flavored candy is made primarily with anise, not licorice. I love Twizzlers, but they have no medicinal benefits at all. Awwww!
The roots of the herb licorice, glycyrrhiza glabra, is used for many medicinal purposes, even having anticancer properties! Wow! Let’s take a look at all this goodness!
- Fights inflammation
- Fights viral, bacterial and parasitic infections
- Cleanses the colon
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Increases fluidity of mucus in the lungs and bronchial tubes (protecting the lungs against foreign particles and chemicals entering the lungs)
- Promotes adrenal glad function
- Helps to inhibit the formation of plaque and bacteria from sticking to tooth enamel
- Beneficial for allergies, emphysema and asthma patients
- Beneficial for chronic fatigue syndrome
- Helps improves episodes of depression
- Beneficial for enlarged prostates
- Beneficial for herpesvirus infection
- May prevent hepatitis C from causing liver cancer and cirrhosis
- Protects against atherosclerosis
- Helps against hypoglycemia
Now let’s take a look at why licorice can do all these things to promote your health and wellness.
Apigenin, has strong anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial and antiviral properties. Even blood pressure reduction properties! That’s what I’m talking about!
Benzaldehyde, has antibacterial properties. As well as sweet natural aroma properties.
Beta-carotene, also found in carrots, has strong antioxidant properties, which our body converts into vitamin A. It also helps boost our immune system and vision! Whoa! No more glasses or contacts! 🙂
Nutrients: Calcium, choline, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, silicon, zinc, vitamins b1, b2, b3 and c.
Other than picking the root from the plant itself, you can purchase licorice root from our wonderful internet or local health food store.
A tincture extract: good for putting in shakes or juices.
A vegan capsule: good for a straight shot of this wonderful herb!
***Warnings: should not be used during pregnancy, nor by persons with diabetes, glaucoma, heart disease, high blood pressure, severe menstrual problems, or a history of stroke.***
Try it and see how much it will change your life, health and wellness. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think if you have tried it. That’s all for now.
Get healthy today and stay healthy tomorrow!