Here’s another herb that will help your health and wellness, especially in these winter months.
Goldenseal is an amazing herb that fights infection and inflammation. Also known as hydrastis canadensis, goldenseal has a vast amount of berberine in its makeup. Berberine is an alkaloid found in the roots and rhizomes of the herb, which aids in the treatment of:
The nutrients found in goldenseal are calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, zinc, vitamins B1, B2, B3, and C. All which are essential for healthy living.
- Cleanses the body
- Increases the effectiveness of insulin
- Strengthens the immune system
- Strengthens the colon, liver, pancreas and spleen
- Strengthens the lymphatic and respiratory systems
- Improves digestion
- Regulates menses
- Decreases uterine bleeding
- Stimulates the central nervous system
- Treats allergies and ulcers
- Treats disorders affecting the bladder, prostate, stomach and vagina
- Also aids in the prevention of colds, flus and development of sore throats
So, not just during these winter months, goldenseal will help you fight off colds and flus, it is essential for healthy living everyday.
Forms of Goldenseal
They even have goldenseal tea!!! I love it!!! My family uses goldenseal a lot to combat all these aliments.
Note: Alternating with echinacea or other herbs is recommended. Do not take internally on a daily basis for more than a week at a time. Should not be used by pregnant and breast feeding mothers. Use with caution if allergic to ragweed. If taking prescription drugs, please consult with doctor if interactions can occur.
Try it and see how much it will change your life, health and wellness. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think if you have tried it. That’s all for now.
Get healthy today and stay healthy tomorrow!